Transport from Cornwall to the first national anti-cuts march, the TUC-organised ‘March for the Alternative’ on the 26th March is now available for anyone to book. Most coach places are free or around £10. The major unions in Cornwall are sending up coaches, with NUT funding much of the transport at a subsidised rate.
Details for local transport are below:
To book your coach seat from Cornwall:
- Call NUT Cornwall office: 01637 873 725, or mobile: 07766651985
- Email with name, location and contact details (making clear whether you are a union member or not): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, book a seat with Unison (priority to Unison members and their families): email@example.com
- Or call Unison to reserve a place: 01929 555900 (same as above)
- Unite are also offering places from Cornwall: call 01202 294 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your coach seat from Plymouth/ rest of Devon:
- For a PCS Union coach place: email@example.com
- Book by phone (PCS South West): 01392 410105
- To travel with Unison Plymouth branch (priority given to members/family of members): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Unison Plymouth: 01752 227687
Coaches will be picking up people from stops around Cornwall and Devon.
The demonstration is set to be huge, with hundreds of coaches and trains booked nationwide already. Unison priorise places for members but still have places for those who aren’t in Unison. The role of all unions currently is to organise for the march so the Unite and PCS unions (along with the NUT) are all bringing down coaches from Cornwall. Most of the coaches are leaving early on the Saturday and coming back in the evening (NUT coaches will be leaving at 7pm), but there is the option to stay overnight with Unison and come back early in the morning from London.
More information on South West transport to the demo on the False Economy website.